6 chicken breasts
6 slices of Swiss cheese
5 Tbs butter, divided
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup lemon juice or white wine
salt + pepper
2 Tbs flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup stuffing mix
- Melt 2 Tbs butter on stove. Stir in flour and add milk and then broth. It will thicken, stir constantly.
- Add juice (or wine), salt and pepper.
- Lay chicken in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Lay one slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Mix 3 Tbs butter with stuffing, then pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350F for one hour. Cover with foil or lid for the first 50 minutes.